Read about La Bruja of the Cross Bronx Expressway

Saturday, May 21, 2011

What books have improved your writing?

Hi Everybody,

     I was hanging out at the Website, Absolutwrite.com the other day, and I came across the following question by a member, "What books have improved your writing?"

     Below is a list of books fulll of good advice and exerrcises to improve anyone's writing. The are also enjoyable reads in and of themselves. 

1. On Writing by Stephen King - a must read. His analogy of the writer's tool box really cleared things up for me.

2. The Elements of Style by Strunk & White - another MUST read, becasue it tells you ONLY what you  really need to know to be awsome with the English language. .

3. Plot and Structure by James Scott Bell

4. Beginnings, Middles and Ends by Nancy Kress - read ANYTHING by Nancy Kress. I hope to go to one of her writing seminars some day. "When I get's me some money."

5. Characters and Viewpoints by Orson Scott Card - fantastic writing exercises. I will be using this book again to build the characters for my next book.

6. Scene & Structure by Jack M. Bickham


Good luck and happy reading!

Love,
Lucho

No comments:

Post a Comment